Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is that sweat I feel?

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been about a week or so since my last post. Life has been a bit slow the past week. No school last week, except for 2 days, gives me far too much time to myself. I spent my time studying a bit of Japanese, cooking and playing some games. I This week has went by quite fast so far. Tomorrow (Friday) is a national holiday. Of course I don't know which holiday it is, but I'll take it anytime! It so happens that tomorrow is my co-worker/friend's wedding party. I am looking forward to the wedding party. This will be the second wedding party I have been invited to since I have been in Japan. I think that I am considered a pretty good friend of my co-worker. Actually, I don't even consider him my co-worker anymore, just my friend.

If you have been following my blog over the last year and a half, then you remember when I blogged about the last wedding party. If you are new to Japanese style wedding parties then let me give you a short description. First of all, you are given an invitation to the wedding party, on this wedding party invitation is, as you might expect, a map, directions, description of who is getting married and the price. Yes that's right, the price. You basically have to pay to go to the wedding party. Now to an American or a Westerner, this would somewhat seem quite strange. And in a way, it is. However, if you think about it, most of the time at an American wedding, the guest will bring a gift for the couple, or leave money on the money tree. So I guess it comes out to be the same. The wedding I am invited to has a hefty price tag of about $90 US. I'm looking forward to going to the wedding party tomorrow, I'm guaranteed to be the only foreigner there!


Well I will be back soon with an update! Thanks for reading.

peace


vince
p.s.- Today I was riding my bike and it wasn't so cold, and I felt a small bit of moisture on my body! Hence the strange title! haha Just so you know!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vince! I hope the wedding was awesome! It better have been for that price!! lol. We are done moving, it was so crazy, we have way too much stuff. Talk to you soon, Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, just got back fro tokyo. good times!

    yes, the sweat has begun. soon it'll be dripping from every inch of my body. yum

    race action? what kind of race? bike, car, foot, horse, dog, rat? give me the skinny.

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!