Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quite a while

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. I guess I have been lazy. Well actually I am putting more things up on my MYSPACE page. So check that more often.

First off Happy birthday to my brother Danny! I love you dude! I hope your day was good!!!
Well last weekend I finally moved into my new apartment. It is freaking huge. My co-worker helped me move. We managed to pack my entire apartment into his van. I was damn surprised at that marvelous accomplishment. We have a giant living area and a fairly large kitchen. My bedroom is kinda big with a nice view of the city. It is a big difference from living in Matsubara. The cool thing is that I will save so much money because I won't have to pay for subway and train fees anymore. I can just ride my bicycle everywhere. On Sunday Tom and I went biking around our area. We found a bunch of cool places.  Just few essentials are needed right now. I am looking forward to having some friends over. It will be great and so convenient.

Yesterday I went with my friend Tom, to Nara Japan. It is about 40 mins away from me. There was a lantern display there. I didn't really understand why there were lanterns everywhere, so I was a bit confused, but it was nice to see. We fed deer and ate candy apples. The deer are funny! When they see that you have some crackers to feed them, they will surround you. And to get your attention they will pull your shirt with their mouths or bump you with their antlers. It was really funny, but kinda scary when 10 surrounded you, while they were biting your ass! hahah We had a good time there. It was really hot outside though, and it had just rained so the humidity was killer. I had never been to Nara before so I was glad to go. I want to go again during the winter time to see how it looks in that season.

I was looking for tickets to go home for Christmas to the USA. The tickets were about $1,800 US Dollars. That is crazy!

Well that is enough for today. I hope you all are having a splendid week. Are you enjoying the Olympics? Take care everybody...

peace

vince

click this link to see my pics on myspace of the nara deer adventure! :)

too happy

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a real good time, and Happy Birthday to your bro! Yea, that sucks about the plane ticket, from experience I would say to book tickets around holidays either 6mo or more ahead of time, or 3-4 weeks before... both have their ups and downs... Hope it works out for you though. Keep updating, and enjoy your huge apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when did you go to nara? was it sometime around the 8th or 9th? i think that is obon, where the dead are celebrated and the lanterns are then sent down a river, signifying sending the dead loved ones to the next life. hope you're getting nicely settled in your new mansion. and no i don't check your myspace. you're missing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, don't check my MYSPACE that's fine with me :)

    allisa yeah i will try to get a ticket, but the prices are insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vince,
    I'm so glad you moved into your new place. It looks spacious and comfortable. I know you and Tom will fix it up beautifully.We'll talk soon. Love you lots..xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like you had a blast! I also saw your other pictures of you and Eri, and you guys look like a happy, cute couple. :) I was shocked when i saw how close you were to the deer... that's so neat how you were feeding them. Congrats on your new place.I hope to see you in December.
    Love,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!