Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Time is flying.

So I just had my birthday last Friday. It was uneventful for the most part, but I still had a good time with some good friends. There was a tropical storm roaming around Osaka so we received 4 days straight of rain. It would come in spurts too. You could be walking around with no rain, and all of a sudden a torrential downpour. Luckily for me, I happen to love rain so it was good.


This week at my school is the last week of normal classes until the end of the semester exam. Most students are tired of studying but they have to really study more because of the tests next week. For my English Conversation class, the students are being paired up and asked to make a short dialog using some topics we have covered this semester. These include asking for a date, asking for a favor and talking about summer vacation. It's not that difficult, but if the students really try to learn and act out the dialog well, it will be difficult. I hoping for great results. Tuesdays are really busy for me here at my school. Six classes in a row is straining. I've only got 30-40 minutes to eat something and prepare for the next class. Wednesday and Thursday are really simple though because there are only 4 classes. Two classes each day. So the week starts fast and ends slow, which is probably the best way.


This past weekend I was watching a wonderful documentary called Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero. It is a powerful, sad and uplifting documentary. It chronicles the planning and the building of ground zero. They introduce you to people involved and how it effected them. Some parts will make you cry and some parts will make you realize what an amazing country America is. It makes me proud to be from America. It makes me proud that best city in the world is just going to get even better, New York City. I hope you guys try to watch it. It's on Discovery Channel in the USA. You can also search for in on YouTube.


Ok, I've got to go now. Tonight and every Tuesday night I play futsal with my futsal team. It's so much fun and I really love playing soccer and futsal. It's such an amazing sport. Have a wonderful day all.


peace,

vince

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't we have students write summaries or their thoughts about the movie during the interview tests? Because I don't want them to sleep in the class. If you have some ideas, please let me know on Monday morning. See ya!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!