Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloweenmas

Hey there fair people! Today is Halloween! Unfortunately that means nothing here in Japan. Well unless you are talking about superficial displays and decorations of pumpkins and the words "Trick or Treat" EVERYWHERE! Anyway, I gave my students some candy today. I think they were quite happy about it! I also taught them a bit of the history of Halloween, and where it comes from. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow (Saturday) because tomorrow at my school is an orientation for the new middle school kids. I figured it would be only in the morning. Of course I was wrong and they are actually going to be at my school all day long. In the morning they are going to be treated to a dreadful 2 hour meeting and Q&A in the cold gymnasium. They will join my class at about 3pm, so that means they will be half asleep! WOOOHOO!!! I'm so excited! haha Hopefully it won't be too bad. The good thing is that there is a holiday on Monday. I'm not sure what they holiday is about, but the day is called "Culture Day"!

Ok so I will admit it, today was a little brisk in the morning. In the afternoon it's quite nice though. However, if you walked around the streets here in Japan. You would think you were in Siberia or some ridiculously cold place like that. Every one breaks out the crazy ski gear and beanies etc... I was wearing a short sleeve button up shirt today and my students were dumbfounded at the fact that I didn't think it was cold. One of the items that is I guess "fashionable" is the Russian style hat. I don't know why they are popular, but I'm sure those girls are dying of heat under that damn hat.

Remember I told you it was Halloween today? Well Wednesday I went to Starbucks. The Starbucks is in a cool mall type place. Well when I arrived I found a ginormous Christmas light display. All with Christmas music in the background... I couldn't believe it! It was October 29th... Anyway, I took a few photos with my cell phone, so check them out for yourself. Well I hope you all are doing ok. And sorry to "disgruntled computer guy".

peace

vince



October Christmas spirit!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Vince!! That is awesome that Chrismas songs are already being played in Japan... of course only i would say that lol. I miss you and hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vince its me danny. just wanted to say hello.. i miss you,,, thats all,,,,for roal... bye bye....vinceinosaka rules.
    '

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really happy to see such a familiar sight in your photos at Hoop! I'm at that Starbucks nearly every morning now that the weather has become bearable for walking.

    Nice blog! ^_^ Hope you'll give mine a look if you get the chance. My world revolves largely around Tennoji and all of its trappings. ;)

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!