Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Welcome to the Japanese Classroom...

Well today was probably one of the worst classes I have ever had. It is an "eiken" class. Which basically means remedial English. And I know why. There were about 28 students in that class and about 24 students asleep. Absolutely no objection by the teachers or anything... lame That would never happen to my class in the USA.

I also went to a building called "Umeda Sky Building" on Sunday. I took a few photos and it was a nice day.

peace

vince


just look at the enthusiasm here, it's thrilling


looking over Osaka Japan


Another view


Umeda Sky Building

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!
    Unbelievable...I'd LOVE to have these zombies in my class for one day. My 3rd graders would kick their ass for not being 'on task'.
    Good Luck Vincent...you need it with that crew.
    Love your pics though. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my students are like that too. It's kinda unsettling and it contradicts the usual polite mannerisms that Japanese people usually show.

    Anyways, I hope you're doing good in Osaka. I'll try to visit you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is ridiculous and unacceptable!! I can't believe administration/teachers over there will only intervene if their students hair is something other than black but if their students are asleep, it's okay just let them get their rest... Total B.S.

    I liked your pics from the Umeda Sky Building. Keep them coming!! Oh, I finally saw the last episode of The Office, it was too funny!! I will never look at watermelons the same way again lol. Stanley's ranting made me almost cry!! Talk to you soon, Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. letter to the editor...
    dear sir.. vinceinosaka website has not been updated for a very long time. I actually read it every day. please update more frequently......

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!