Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Footy Dinner and Kobe

Hello everyone! How are you? Well if you are in Osaka, you know that it has been very humid lately. Rainy season is in full effect over here. Today it rained almost all day. That wreaks havoc on a bike ride to school. Well last Friday we had a small end of the Football season dinner. We went to a Brazil themed Churascaria, or BBQ place. It was very delicious, but a bit expensive. We had a great time, giving out awards like MVP, best goal scored, etc. I even got the meat sweats...dictionary that one. :)

This pic is of all the guys just eating and drinking at the restaurant.

On Sunday I went over to Kobe, Japan. It's only about 30 minutes away by train. Kobe is a really nice city, and it's a lot cooler than Osaka. Probably because of the sea that is there. It's more of a port town, and that is an important party of the economy. The area around the port is very nice. I want to go back at night because I'm sure it looks lovely. Well here are some pics of my small day trip to Kobe. Enjoy and I will be back soon!

Kobe Shopping area

Me in China Town

Poor little duck...he was a lovely young buck in his day...


Various nonsense on sale in China Town...






Kobe Harbor Area


There is a ferry and a nice ferris wheel in the background.


Deadliest Catch?


Kobe


3 comments:

  1. Hey man! How's it going? I read some of the earlier posts and stole some pics I was in :D

    How long have you had this blog!? For like... long, I guess. I would have read it earlier if you'd told me about it :P

    Reading this makes me wanna go back! How long are you planning on staying in Japan? We have plans to make a trip to Japan next year with my family... wonder if you'll be there still...?
    I would visit Matsukou of course.
    Well, I'll be watching this blog from now on ;)

    Oh yeah, check out my blog if you have the time: http://yanneyanen.blogspot.com/
    some design and stuff there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awe-inspiring update, spine-tingling even. Would read again. First class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vince! I heard about your blog from Julia... pretty great. I'm enjoying reading about Japan!

    Ciao,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!