Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New week, good times

First of all I would like to say sorry to many of you for not calling lately. I don't have any skype credits 'till I get paid so this weekend will be a calling fest!!!

Anyway, the past few days have been quite eventful. School has officially started and I had my first classes yesterday. I have a group of about 60 new kids in addition to the 120 I already had. My English conversation classes are really big this semester. They all seem very Genki (happy) too. So I have a good feeling about this school year. I gave my self introduction to my freshman students today and handed out the class rules. It was an average day. I am going to do my daily writing journal with every single one of my students from the beginning this year. I will keep all of our communications, and at the end of the year they will be amazed at how much they wrote! I suppose I will be amazed at home much I will have wrote too! hahah

My co-workers are as friendly as ever. And I seem to be getting along with them quite well. We have 3 new foreign exchange students this year. A guy from Finland, a girl from South Korea and a guy from MEXICO! I was really happy to see the kid from Mexico. We started to speak Spanish and he felt very relaxed. He made a self intro speech for the assembly here and I translated it in English for him. He is a really nice kid and I think I will be helping him out a lot, this year.

Tomorrow I am going to show my returning students my little video slide show (the one I posted here). That video has been seen almost 300 times on this page, so I think people like it. I made a remix version in HD with different music. So if you want me to post that one up I will. Anyway, my returning students are dying to see how my trip back to the USA was. I will bring them some sand that my mom and dad jacked from White Sands for me. So hopefully they will like that little surprise! I will let you know how that goes ok.

So on a more personal note, I have been taken off the market! I'll give you more details on that when I call you. ;) Well I have to get back to "work" now, so thank you for reading my blog. Take care and be safe...

peace

vince

1 comment:

  1. Wow Vince, I am so happy for you, it seems as though everything is falling into place for you! I am sure you and your student from Mexico will have so much to share with the class about traditions and all that good stuff!! Also, I can't wait to hear about HER!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!