Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yaki-niku goodness

Today I was invited to a Yaki-niku party (a Japanese BBQ), by my co-worker. I happily went, especially since I love anything that has to do with a BBQ. Well, the host of the party is the leader of the local rotary club. A bunch of his friends were there. It was mostly a party for older people, but they were very nice. There was a guy that came by, and everybody was very excited. I had no clue who he was, but apparently he was a candidate to be the Prime Minister of Japan. I asked more questions, and I found out that he is good friends with the host of the party. Anyway, let's just say that I met some interesting people.

The house that I was at happened to be the home that the foreign exchange student from Mexico was staying. So we just talked a lot and joked around the whole time. Then his sister showed up. She is living in Japan in the same house too, and she is 25. They are both from Tijuana, Mexico. Which is similar to where I am from in El Paso, Texas. I didn't want to say anything but she was very pretty! haha :) We all just chatted for a few hours and ATE a lot!!! Japanese people definitely know how to eat a lot. Especially when it comes to parties. I was welcomed with generosity and warmth. It made the day/night so much more enjoyable. Here are some of the pictures that I took. Comment if you have some time.

peace

vince


yaki-niku


lots of grills


many people i didn't know


exchange student


exchange student's sister and me, and another dude

3 comments:

  1. oooooohhh mannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vince,

    That looks like good stuff. talk to you later. Herald Post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that in a mansion parking garage?

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!