Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hey there

So I'm not going to South Korea anymore. It sucks, but hopefully I will go somewhere this summer. Today I went with my buddy Tom to sign for our new apartment. It's going to be awesome. It's really big and we can't wait to have some Rock Band parties. Hopefully someone will actually come to visit me this year.

I had forgotten about this but...Tuesday morning when I was riding my bike to school. I stopped by my local convenience store to buy something to drink. As I pulled up in my bike, there was a lady leaving the store. She saw me and literally screamed out loud and ran like she had just seen a ghost. I put my kick stand down on my bike, all the while staring at her. My stare was a blank stare with the universal face of "you are a fucking idiot!". I literally stared at her for about 5 seconds, then for some reason I looked around for a camera like in the show "The Office". Unfortunately the camera crews were not around... oh well... haha Anyway I walked into the convenience store to buy my damn tea. When I walked out, that biatch was still standing there. So when I got on my bike and rode close to her, I yelled out "BOOOOOO!!!" She yelled and ran like a stupid gimp. It was quite hilarious. Oh some people are so ignorant. Just thought I would share that stupid story with you.

I was reading some journal entries that some JET participants have wrote in this years JET Journal. They are quite good. I finished reading them and felt a bit envious of those JETs that are living in small towns and on islands in Japan. They seem to be learning much more Japanese and enjoying local life quite much. Of course there are perks to living in the giant city of Osaka, foreign food stores, cinemas, entertainment, night life, many foreign people. But is that really better than the island? I really don't know. I'm sure that there are pros and cons to both situations. I really want to visit some JET friends that live on an island or a tiny town in Japan. I want to experience that feeling of being there. I will gladly open my doors as well to anyone that comes to big Osaka too! :)

So as usual I have been listening to a lot of music. I feel like typing a lot today so I will recommend some new music for you. Farewell, Ace Enders and a Million Different People, The Morning Light, The Maine, Hit the Lights, Beat Union. Check 'em out if you want to.

peace

vince

here is a little pic of osaka that i took a few days ago with my phone...


4 comments:

  1. When is the big move going to be? As soon as you are settled in, we will have to play Rock Band online... it will be fun! Sorry to hear about your trip and the gimp, some people are just ignorant and never broaden their spectrum, it's very pathetic.Talk to later! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post!! I hope I can broaden my spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's surprising for someone living in Osaka. you should've bashed that lady!!

    doors always open, eh? might take you up on that offer...every weekend. of course, awaji is waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always welcomed here in India!! You should have broadened her rectum... erm, spectrum! So I'll be visiting you soon in Osaka okay?! ;) Keep up living man, and keep scaring little old ladies. I laughed so hard I peed a little...



    Okay, more than a little.

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!