Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Been a while

Hello again. First off CONGRATULATIONS SPAIN! They won Euro 2008. What an amazing tournament. Unfortuntately I will without football for about 1 month. Oh well... I hope you are well. Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been doing many things, so I have stuff to write about. Honestly, I've just been a bit lazy to type here. Anyway, today is Tuesday and the sun is out for the first time in a few days. However, I'm sure that later today the sun will fall to the clouds again. Personally, rain and clouds make me happy. I come from a hot desert city with about 330 days a year of sun. So rain and clouds were great days when I was growing up. It's actually kinda funny if you think about it. I remember I used to get mad when I would go outside and the clouds were gone in El Paso.

So what have you been up to Vince?

Thanks for asking...This weekend was pretty good. I ate fake Japanese Mexican food at a pretty famous place in Osaka called "el pancho". If you didn't know, I am Mexican/American and I come from a place in Texas that arguably has the best Mexican food in the entire southwest of the USA. So I can tell you right now that it doesn't taste like Mexican food. But it is decent. I was a bit hesitant to take her there because of this reason. Anyway she liked it. I was a bit disappointed with my food. I wish I could show her real Mexican food, it's so delicious. Saturday I woke up late watched a bunch of "The Office" on my PC.  Sunday was pretty cool, my best buddies in Osaka, the famous Tom, Tom and I went to a Japanese baseball game. The Orix Buffaloes!!! YEAH!!!! haha That is second team in Osaka, and honestly they are quite rubbish. This was all UK Tom's idea, so if it sucked I was just going to blame him! j/k tom! It was interesting of course. First off, I think baseball sucks, so you can imagine what I think about Japanese baseball. One thing that is very different from American baseball games is that there are sections of fans that just sing and beat drums the entire game. If you go to an American baseball game there is never any people playing trumpets and other musical instruments and dancing. So that was different. The food in the stadium was strange as well. I didn't see any popcorn, peanuts or cracker jack here. More like noodles, rice and bento boxes. We were damn hungry though, so we went to Mc Donald's. The place a foreigner can always go. As we walked to our seats and people saw us, there was chatter among the people that we passed. Comments like "look foreigners"! They were so surprised to see foreigners at a BASEBALL game.  I took some photos and I will post a few later on. I also shot a couple of videos as well so that will go up pretty soon as well.

I want to travel somewhere very soon. I wanted to go to this Beach Party this coming weekend, but I couldn't find anyone to go with :( so that really sucked. Maybe I will go to South Korea this month, but I'm not sure. Summer vacation is coming in about 2 weeks so, yeah! Ok I think that's enough for today. On July 31st 2008, will be exactly 1 year I have been in Japan! Wow, time flies so fast! Well take care everybody! Hey is anybody coming to visit me in Japan!? Ever?? Never?? See ya!

peace

vince


ball park


vince, ny tom, uk tom


pitching


cool dudes


kyocera dome in osaka



here are some vids , remember to click menu to get more vids


3 comments:

  1. sup vince, just wanted to say hello, hope you are ok,,,, damn your lucky your not here, 115 yesterday....... hot hot hot.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did you do to your text? it was so small i had trouble reading it. you know i'm in my late 20s now so help the old lady out, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can thank me for Tom's new found love of baseball!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!