Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rainy Day

Hey everybody! Well, today is a very rainy day. Usually I can't hear thunder here in Osaka. But today I woke up to the wonderful sound of the skies cracking! I love it! I have a busy few days. These are the last few days of school until the mid semester summer break. I'm sure that when we all come back in August, the students and I will have forgotten everything that we learned.

Last Saturday night was very fun. I made plans to meet my buddy Patrick in Namba for some drinks and dinner. I brought along my buddy NY Tom along as well. We were set to meet at 8:30pm, but Tom and I decided to show up a bit early to talk about a trip we have planned for South Korea. We grabbed a beer at Zerro (local bar) and started chatting away. Of course we hadn't ate anything, save for a measly salad that Tom bought at a conbini. So needless to say the tall glass of Guinness was having a small effect on him. I'm not going to lie, me too! haha We went to meet up with Patrick at the Dotonbori Bridge (a typical meeting spot in Osaka). Patrick had a head start on us because in hand was a nice tall Chu-hi 8%. Good stuff! We met up his nice friend and proceeded to the nights dinner location. Of course I went to my favorite cozy spot called Bamboo. My friend Levi cooked up some delicious lamb kebab (Israeli style) and others delicious goodies for us. We enjoyed them and had a few drinks. Tom was running low on money so he decided to go to the ATM. However we went to about 3 atms and they didn't work with his card. We thought he was screwed! I had his back with the money so it was all good. After a few drinks and the completion of our dinner. We started to walk to a place that Patrick wanted to go to. It was already about 10:45pm. Tom and I didn't have plans to pull an all nighter so we decided to just meet up with a couple of friends at a bar called Hawaiian Umiya. We said by to Patrick and his friend and walked to meet our friends. By the time we got there we were a bit tipsy and making ridiculous jokes. We met our Canadian friends from Toronto, Dorothy and Yi-lee. We hadn't seen them in ages, so it was nice to hang out for a bit. We had some beers and watched them eat an interesting salad. I can't go into much detail without confusing you, but the conversations consisted of references to "cave mango's", "love" and tongue twisters that I can't remember right now. By the time we looked at our watches it was 11:45pm. Tom's last train left the station at 12:01am. So if we didn't make it to the station, we would be forced into an all nighter. So we took our drunken selves out of the bar, and proceeded to run wildly through the streets of Osaka. Similar to what you might envision a group of cavemen to do...or something like that. I remember Tom dropping his cell phone. I yelled to the the Korean guards outside the consulate "Hey, we are visiting you soon!". And other random things. Anyway, Tom made it back to the train on time and so did I. It was a good night.

Sunday, was just wonderful. I went to the Osaka Aquarium. I was very humid and hot. But that didn't ruin the fun. The Aquarium was very nice, although there were so many kids there. The best animals I saw were, the Otters, Sea lions and of course my favorite Penguins! I love Penguins. I went to see an IMAX 3d movie, Oceans. It was exciting, not to mention how cool we look with those giant 3d glasses. I wanted to ride Japan's largest Ferris wheel but I think it will be the best at night time. It was just a great day. I can say that it was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time.

Hopefully at the end of this month I will go on a trip somewhere. I am looking to go to South Korea or somewhere in Japan. For sure somewhere though! I will keep you posted on that. Well take care everybody. Sorry for my Giant post today.

peace

vince

5 comments:

  1. it was a great night. ended up taking a nap at triangle park from 2-3 am, then meeting another friend and jumping between a few bars, then meeting my nice friend from earlier around 6 am and finally crashing on her extremely uncomfortable floor.

    by the way, when you met me on the bridge, that was the second chu-hi i'd drank in about 30 minutes. i was pretty far gone.

    we definitely have to do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aquarium and the giant ferris wheel were two of my favourite things in Osaka. It claims to be the worlds largest ferris wheel and I looked on wikipedia (the fountain of all knowledge) and it used to be years ago, but not anymore. Still worth the 700 yen though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite an amazing weekend you had! Thanks again for the pictures.You and Eri look very happy!! I really enjoyed the HK statue in the background! I am looking forward to seeing some of your students commercials! Talk to you soon. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vince, You don't know me, but I'm well aware of you and your awesome commerical making abilities. Honestly, I watched it ten times, I couldn't get over it. I showed it to a few of my friends, but they're Indian, so they didn't really get it. I told them they needed your classes, they still didn't get it.

    I'm one of Pat's friends, don't worry, I'm not a Blogger stalker. Also, sounds like you're having fun over there, I'm glad it's entertaining to say the least! If you're searching for a place to visit, you can come visit me here in India, Pat is trying to come here last week of August. You all should come on over, I'd love the english speaking company. I have connections here, like the Indian Mafia, only they all wear little turbans and fight with sabers.

    Good luck in Osaka, I'd be terrified to get on a giant ferris wheel. So, kudos to you and that crazy idea. Catch ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say do more traveling in Nihon. Have you been down to Kyushu yet? That's where my fam hail from.

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!