Friday, January 30, 2009

Today in my class, we got off on a politics topic. I asked the students if they ever had such a gathering for a president in Japan, like Obama did in America. Most students told me that they truly disliked the current prime minister of Japan, Aso. Well, honestly I have no idea about the president or politics in Japan. I asked them about the local Mayor of Osaka-Fu, Mr. Hashimoto. Apparently they don't like him either. I asked them why, and the reply was... "I don't like him because he won't let us bring our cell phones to high school!" From what I gather, he is trying to implement a big change in the lagging Osaka School system. After years and years of neglect, it's good to see at least something being done in the schools here.

Thanks for the suggestions for the party that I want to make. I'm still thinking about it, but I will let you know what my party theme will be. Today I only have 1 class this morning. Afterwards I will go home. Usually on Fridays I have 4 classes to teach. However, the Senior students have finished school already (even though graduation isn't for another month???). So that leaves me with one class on Fridays until at least April. Until next time folks...

peace

vince

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!