Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just life...

Well it's Wednesday, and you know what that means! Well actually I don't really know what that means... Anyway time for a new post!

Ok, well things have been going well the past few weeks. Last Friday we had a party for my room mates birthday. We invited about 15 people I suppose. I think a few people didn't show up though. We had a great time. All we did was buy cups, plates and forks. People brought, food and drinks. The party was definitely in Japan, because the food was sushi and Japanese bread. There was a cake for my friend and we ate that cake quite fast. Everybody was chatting, and at midnight we started to dance to salsa music. My room mate is a salsa dancer so he was showing us some moves. We probably danced for about 1 hour or so. By that time the alcohol had set in, and we were all pretty smashed. The last person left at about 2am and I just fell asleep. I had to wake up early in the morning because I had a private lesson at 10am. Unfortunately I woke up with a pounding headache, but a bit of coffee took care of that problem.

At my private lesson there were 10 people from the community. I showed them pictures of my trip back to America. They had many questions and seemed generally interested in it. It was an easy $50 dollars. Plus they gave me some coffee and sweets. Sunday was relaxing and ridiculously cold. I went walking around in the shopping district here. I ate a chicken kabob too! This week at school is going good as well. My students are starting to understand how to give their opinion about things. When I asked one of my students today if she believed in aliens, she said "I hope that we can meet them one day", I was really happy that she told me how she felt. Sometimes it's quite difficult for a Japanese student to tell you an opinion about something. I really don't know why though.

I have been able to drop about 6 pounds since coming back to Japan. I think I gained 15 pounds when I went back home. It was not good!! I ate everything you could possibly imagine, except McDonald's...:) My friends here told me that I had gained weight too! All I really have been doing is just eating what I normally do here in Japan and I lose weight. I think I lose weight because of all the walking and bike riding I do everyday. I probably walk at least 30 minutes a day. I ride my bike about 4 miles a day, so that is probably the reason for my rapid weight loss.

Last night I went shopping for some jeans and a couple of pillows for my bed. I went to GAP because I know that I can wear those jeans. For some crazy reason, the jeans at GAP are about $125 each. I don't remember exactly how they are back in America, but I know for sure they aren't that much. So basically I just left that place. If they aren't on sale, I won't buy them! haha I went over to French Connection and there was a big sale! I saw some really nice jeans that were priced at $145, but they were %70 off! So I tried them on and they fit great! I was quite happy about that. When I left, the girl asked me if I was from the United Kingdom, I said... of course! haha :) I then ventured to buy a couple of pillows. I hadn't changed my pillows since I arrived here in Japan. I bought some nice fluffy ones along with pillow covers. Everything came out to $35 dollars! Good times! Last night I slept on those pillow like a dream.

I am thinking about throwing a party soon at my apartment. I was thinking a clothing themed party, for example a "white party". But that is kinda played out. Maybe a "black party"? Give me some suggestions OK! I want to do this soon!

Ok, well enough about my life. I wanted to share with you some musical suggestions for this evening. I hope you will give them a whirl in your mp3 player or what not.

The first band is called The Apples in Stereo. They are really good. A bit of an indie rock type of sound, but amazing stuff.





The next band is called Playradioplay. They are from Texas and the new album is so originally titled "Texas". I can't really describe the sound. Maybe a mix of "the postal service" and pop punk. Good stuff.






Ok that's enough for today. My blog is being renovated right now, so I hope you will like the new look. Cheers

peace

vince

3 comments:

  1. Vince!!! Let Angela give you some advice, she is on the party planning committee,you know! lol. How about a black AND white party? Geez, there are so many themes, it depends on what your friends would be willing to do... there could be a "roaring 20's flapper party, a masquerade party in honor of Mardi gras overhere, an Alice in Wonderland theme, or you could even just have them dress in retro gear that Americans wore in the 60's, 70's, 80's or maybe even an "Around the World party" where people can dress in their best attire from their country... I hope those ideas help you a bit. :)
    As far as your weight goes, are you serious that you gained 15 pounds? I think you looked absolutely fabulous, so don't worry about it... as someone wise would say, " You need to eat, mijo!!" lol. I miss you and hope all is well. Keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why don't you invite me to one of your parties, you cold, heartless man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, ok lynnette is sending jabs this way, but she is right "you wooked fabulus, darlin with some pounds on you. Anywho... how 'bout a hat party. Everyone wears a different type of hat or cap. wine party, food party, dessert party, share pics.
    Ok I'm out of ideas...have fun and eat something OK?

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!