Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Big in Japan

So what's going on everybody? How has your life been lately? As for me, I think I am currently vitamin deficient. Especially since my diet basically includes, oatmeal, cereal, bread and spaghetti. Damn I'm living life huh?! I'm going to try and start to eat a few more veggies everyday. I don't really cook at my apartment mainly because my "stove" is about the size of a large box of Frosted Flakes. Actually, I don't even have a stove. It's this really pathetic looking electric plate, reminiscent of a high school chemistry class. Oh well, what can I expect? I'm definitely looking forward to eating tons of goodness when I go home.

My weekend was pretty good and busy. I went out with Tom and my friend Shin Shin on Friday night. The night started out at this place called bamboo. It's a really nice, small and cozy Mediterranean restaurant. The owner is from Israel and he is a nice guy. We didn't exactly go to eat, but we did get a few things. We had some drinks and smoked a hookah. You know what a hookah is right? It's like this Arabic water pipe that has flavored tobacco. It's quite relaxing and nice. The funny thing is that after a few drinks even Tom was hitting up the Hookah! It was pretty funny. We were having a great time, and then we looked at our watches and it was time for the last train home. After a few minutes of debating I decided just to stay out since I was just going to stay at Shin Shins place. However, Tom decided to try and catch the last train home. So he left and we continued on the good night.

After about 30 - 40 mins later. Tom walks back into the bar!! He missed his last train and was totally bummed. So basically he had to stay out with us all night. From then on we went to about 2 other bars, we ate ramen, I passed out at the Ramen shop (literally LOL), we walked around at about 4 am, we went to shin shins apartment and talked while drinking horrible tasting champagne. Tom and I finally left her apartment at about 8am. We were so tired and when I got home I just fell asleep. Tom had plans to go to Kobe that day so he only slept a few hours. It was pretty hilarious. We definitely were not planning on an all nighter, but in Osaka, it sometimes just happens.

Saturday I went to eat some Mexican (hahaha) food at a place called El Pancho. It was decent for Japanese Mexican food. I drank a Sol and ate some taquitos. However I believe that even Taco Cabana back in Texas would destroy this place in terms of quality. Sunday was boring, I just watched College Basketball online. I also watched the damn Miners lose in double OT, boo!

This week at work has been absolutely boring so far. There is nothing for me to do. I really don't understand why I have to be here. Yesterday I just watched movies on my computer and left. Today I am writing my blog and will probably beat Portal again. I love Portal, it's great!!!
Remember a few posts back, I told you about that school paper that I wrote a little article about myself for. Well it came out today, so I took a picture of the newspaper for you to see. I think I look like a complete tool, but whatever. Ok well I hope you all are doing good. Two weeks from today I will be in El Paso. I can't wait. Believe it or not I already have plans for that night!! WOOT! Well take care everybody, have an awesome week!

peace

vince

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vince!!
    That sounds like a fun time, nothing like eating that Ramen soup after a night of drinking, haha. I know what you mean about the "Mexican" food... over here I ordered tacos al carbon last week and I got two burritos instead. lol I have come to appreciate the quote, "There is no place like home" a lot lately! I can't wait for us to hang out, remember when Danny met us up at Andale one time when he was in town?! That was hilarious!!! Talk to you later, Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vince!!! Hey call me when you get into town man so we can hang out! I'll make sure to start stocking my fridge with some beer and you know what... i like you so much i'm going to make you some meatloaf! lol (meatloaf?) Can't wait buddy!

    manny

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!