Friday, February 22, 2008

End of the school year!

Hello everybody! How is this fine month of February treating you? This month has really just blew by! It's hard to believe that I have been here for about 7 months now. I remember this time last year I was going to Phoenix to have my interview to get into JET. I still remember the feeling of my stomach while I was waiting for the interview. Oh man, time really does fly.

Well today was the official last day of school for students. I didn't have any classes today. It was a half day anyway. The cool thing about today was that at about 12pm I asked my supervisor what I was supposed to do for the rest of the day. He thought it over for a few minutes (literally). He then continued to ask multiple people the same question. It seemed like it was so difficult figure out what to do with little old BINSU. It was actually pretty hilarious, I was just sitting at my computer giggling to myself. Finally, he came up to me and said, "you can go home." He also said that I don't have to come back to work until next Thursday. This is because there will be entrance exams for the newbies. I just said "SWEET, see ya!"

Before I left home, one of my co-workers (the one that I told you about in my previous post) came up to me and asked me to join him on Saturday night with his friends. I was completely shocked, only because I had never really been asked to hang out from a Japanese person before (yes that sounds ridiculous). I have been asked to go hang out at work related events, like drinking parties, eating parties and other similar gatherings at homes. However, my co-worker wants me to go hang out with him and his friends. I was really happy about this request. Of course I agreed and tomorrow I will meet him up in Umeda at 8:00pm. The thing that I found odd was that he told me specifically, there will be 6 guys and 6 girls. I was like...ok. I really don't understand why he said that, and my horrible Japanese ability didn't allow me ask why. haha Anyway, I don't really care. I just want to hang out! So I'm quite excited. Hopefully I will have some pics up tomorrow night of the evening out!

Well as for an update to my story yesterday about the what I like so creatively call "the hair incident". My student was able to take her test after school. And she did great too, so I was happy about that too! Oh and Val, I have heard similar stories about the strictness of the school appearance from other friends in Japan too. I didn't realize it was like that in Taiwan too! It was a bit difficult for me to understand this. At least next time it happens, I won't be so angry about it. Actually I wasn't too angry, I was more shocked. Well I suppose that I have been shocked many times in Japan. haha

Hey tonight I watched a great movie online. It's called "Be Kind Rewind". It's very ridiculous, but that movie has so much heart. Sure it has the "run down building, and the community coming together to stop the demolition" cliche, but this movie really made me happy. Yeah, I'm not much of a movie critic, but I really recommend it. I believe it's out in theaters in the USA. I watch it on my favorite video camera movie website! Hey you can't blame me! It's not like the movies will be shown in Japan.

Anyway, this is the end of my blog post for today. I just wanted to share a few thoughts are going through my head today. I'm not sure exactly how a blog is supposed to be. Is it like a diary, or journal? I don't know, but I really hope it doesn't suck! haha I try ok! :) Take care everybody, where ever you are!

peace

vince


p.s. hey Ferdinand the bull! how are you ?

p.s.s. joey joe joe, i have a wonderful name for the club. TRBYTASC "the randomly brush your teeth at school club" is that good? maybe you can suggest a new name before i make an order for shirts! lol J/k!!

p.s.s.s. Hey El Paso, you better start stocking your restaurants! I will be back soon with a voracious appetite! :)

p.s.s.s.s. i made a new playlist for my music player, i'm trying to add songs from bands that are not well known. i like so much music, i hope you will learn about new music too!

3 comments:

  1. dont get drunk without me! haha
    dont drink too much!

    have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vincent,
    we're so happy you'll be home soon!!
    All the guys home for a few days, what more can we ask for? I LOVE IT! Can hardly wait to see you and your brothers together again. You'll see a silly grin on my face for weeks.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vinny,
    Can you just imagine, in exactly one month your little brother will be getting married?! I can't wait to see my big brothers again! I am counting down the days, oh and yes, you bet i will bring you a Houston Rodeo souvenir... bring me a Hello Kitty souvenir if you can lol. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!