Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Howdy

Hey everybody, how are you all doing? I've been ok these past few days. I was feeling sick yesterday, I was quite worried that I would come down with a cold. I'm quite glad that I didn't. The one thing that did suck was I was playing basketball with my students. I went up for a rebound with about 4 guys around me, and one of those short flailing arms elbowed me right under my right eye. I freaking hurt a lot, but I didnt really feel anything right away. After about 5 minutes of playing more, it started to bleed a little. I got a nice looking (sarcastic) red cut under my right eye now. It was funny because when I came to work this morning everybody thought that I was in a fight or something. They were like "BINSU SAN, DAIJOUBU DESU KA?". Asking me if I was ok, and I was like yeah I'm fine. Actually it's already starting to scab so hopefully this warlock will be off my face soon! It's no big deal though, it just makes me stick out even more than before! I'm used to it.

Well, I called a travel agent here and I got a price to go home in March. It will cost be about 130,000¥ or about $1,300 dollars to get home. That's a crap load of money. Basically I only have 2 choices. The first choice is, don't go home in March. The second choice is, buy my ticket next Monday and for the next month after that be a complete hermit in my apartment because I won't have any money to do anything. Actually it won't be that bad but I won't have too much money for extracurricular activities for a month. It's actually no big deal though. So most likely I will choose the blue pill, or choice number 2. So expect me to be going home about March 18th. I will let you all know the exact details pretty soon, since I have yet to book my flight.

Something that will be following me home is my dead Xbox 360. The reason being is that it will cost me about $150 just to ship it home. In other words, the hell with that. I'll just throw it in my backpack when I go home. Oh and Marcel, I heard about the recent death of your Xbox 360 from the same illness as mine. I'm sure it was the curse from my Xbox, damn red ring of death.

So what's new in Japan? The weather has been on a somewhat PMS trip as of late. On Saturday it was freaking snowing outside all day long. Sunday it was sunny. Monday and Tuesday it was raining all day, and today (Wednesday) it is sunny and warm. I am really looking forward to spring. I hear rumours about a wonderful Cherry Blossom(flower) viewing area at one of the main parks in Osaka. I would really like to see this display. I also hear that many people go and chill under the trees in the spring and have bbq parties, live music, hookah parties and all sorts of shenanigans. So I'm definitely looking forward to spring.

There is two more weeks of school left here in Matsubara high. The students are getting ready for their final exams, and are basically uncontrollable. I don't care though because that's exactly how I was way back when I was in high school, so I know how they feel. It's all good to me. The graduation ceremony for my senior students is on March 5, so I look forward to seeing this. I think I will actually have to dust off my suit from my closet for this "momentous" occasion. I will still have to come to school in March even though there really is no school. Well I could use my vacation days and just slack it at my apartment until I go back home to the states, but that is no fun. I would rather come to school and get elbowed in the face playing basketball!!!!! No but really, I would rather come here and actually get to talk to people. Speaking of talking to people, this Friday is another Happy time party. Remember those whack parties that we have a work, every 3rd Friday of the month. I hope it will be good like the last time, I had a great time last time.

Anyway this blog has really gotten out of control with it's length and randomness in general. I hope you attempted to enjoy my ranting and my woebegone attempt at story telling. I hope you all are doing swell. Take care of yourselves, and if ya have some time. Send me a comment, it would be greatly appreciated! BYE

peace

vince

5 comments:

  1. Hey Vince,
    sorry to hear about your eye. :( Well, things here are well, I am just looking forward to my fifth anniversary with Mar on Valentines Day (oh man!! ) He is still going to send in his xbox but his cousin told him this ridiculous thing to do to get it up and running for a few more days before it REALLY dies. I know it is going to sound really crazy, but he did it and it WORKED!! Here it goes: you get three towels and wrap them around the xbox with everything unplugged except for the power cord. Make sure you take off your hard drive and everything else and let it sit there wrapped in the towel for 25 minutes. Then uncover it and let it cool down for 20 minutes. Then connect everything else up again and turn it back on. I was the last person to think it would work but he is playing now! It's asif the xbox needed to "sweat it all out" lol. Hope it works for you. Love you and miss you! Also, I can't wait for us to hang out and have some "Happy Times" in good ol' EP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wassup Vince? Sorry to hear about the eye, you gotta watch out for those wirey kids! They've got some pointy 'bows! Anyway man, good blog. Random but good. ;) So ur headed home huh? First time back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vince,
    It was so great!!!! Please call me in the morning so i can give you better details... to sum it up, Mar proposed to me and of course I accepted.I am so excited, and I can't wait to share the specifics with you. I would write it, but it is too long! Geez, i think you are just going to come to the States for family weddings haha. I would love for you to be in our wedding, but let's get through Neil and Julia's first before we even think about another one! I love you and look forward to hearing from you... "oh man!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about your eye and xbox 360. i am very anti-xbox. it's all about the ps3.... which i don't even own. ep has pms-y weather with that damn wind. i hate ep weather....

    ReplyDelete
  5. sup brotha, how are you, just wanted to say i missed you, sorry about your eye .. i bet you were stunned like the day i poured the tea on your head,,, :) have a good day , i miss ya

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!