Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sashiburi! (long time no see!)

Hello, sorry for not keeping in touch much these past few days! Actually I have been quite lazy to type anything on my blog. I had the past 2 days off and nothing was really going on.
So I am going home on March 18th. In order for me to leave Japan and come back with my VISA, I have to get a "re-entry" permit.

"hey vince, what the hell is that?"

Well I thought you would never ask!! Ok well all foreigners that are living and working in Japan have to get one of these. Basically you are paying for the permission to return. If I don't buy this ridiculous permit, I will have to re apply for a VISA when I return from holiday. It's quite absurd.

So here is the process. Keep in mind I live in Osaka, so if you are reading this and living in other parts of Japan, you should look up the nearest Immigration office.
You have to go to the Osaka Immigration office. Which is located just outside of "cosmosquare" station. This is the last stop on the Chuo subway line. You enter the suprisingly modern looking building (that smells like smoke, like everything else in Japan). You have to buy a stamp (yes literally) that will cost you 6,000¥($55) for a mulitple re-entry permit, or 3,000¥($25) for a single re-entry permit. You take that ridiculous stamp to the immigration office. Ask the dude at the front(that doesn't know English) for a re-entry application. Afterwards you fill out that form, and follow the green dots on the floor to the receptionist. They will look at your Gaijin Card, Passport and application. They will give you all your documents in a folder which you have to take to one of the windows (they will tell you which one). They will call your number up and you will recieve your passport with the new re-entry permit. It's a very simple procedure. Although going all the way to the immigration office is a bitch. For that reason only I would suggest you buy a 6,000¥ permit. That way you can leave and enter Japan as many times as you like, without having to go back to the office to buy a new one. I hope this lame walkthrough helps somebody. Ask me some questions if you need help!

"so vince, how is your life going right now?"

Well, not much is going on. Right now I'm at school trying to figure out why I have to be here. There is no classes, no students, no lessons to plan. Yet, all the teachers here seem to be sooooooo busy!! I just don't understand! lol Maybe I just work to fast or something. I going out to dinner with a my friend on Saturday. She works at a local tv station! That's crazy!

I don't really know what else to say right now. If I think of something else I will come back to blab about it later on. If any one in EP or the surrounding areas wants to hang out when I go home, let me know! Alright I'm going to go finish playing half-life 2 on my computer! hahah see you take care

peace

vince

p.s. neo, i got the invitation! it's nice! thanks dude


3 comments:

  1. Hey Vinny,
    wow, you sure did a lot of running around! It was all worth it, now you have your stamp and can leave as much as you like! We definitely need to go eat some delicious AUTHENTIC Mexican food when we visit home! Mmmmmm... Some of your mom's spaghetti would be good too!! Lol I can't wait to see you, we are going to have lots of fun! Have you joined that cool club in the teachers lounge yet?! lol Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fontz,
    Can I hang out with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i get a kick out of the questions you ask yourself as if someone were really asking them. okashii! daisukii dayo!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!