Saturday, June 14, 2008

Interesting times

How are you? First off, I received no response about the JET information. So I'm not going to bother with that anymore. It takes too much damn time anyway. Kinda a waste of time to write all that and nobody even cares. So sorry!

I had a pretty good week. Every morning at about 1am I would watch the Euro 2008 matches. I would doze off for a few minutes then get back to the action. It has been a good tournament. Friday was interesting. I was going to Tennoji, so I was walking to the train station. Then there was about 5 police dudes walking towards me. Then the came up to me and asked me for my ID. I said, "sure". I handed them my alien card. Then they started writing things down and calling other dudes on the phone. Meanwhile I was totally looking like a criminal with 5 police dudes around me. Not to mention this drew a small crowd of onlookers. After about 5 minutes of waiting. The police dude asked me for my passport. I told him that it was in apartment. Just to let you know, I don't have to walk around with my passport. That is what my damn alien card is for. I even told him that. Anyway, he demanded to see my passport. So lets just say I was a bit pissy. So him and the other 4 goons followed me to my apartment. So just imagine how that looked. A foreigner walking with 5 police dudes. I was fucking embarrassed to say the least. It all turned out that it was "check foreigners day" or something like that. It was quite the primitive way of conducting a simple check. Ahh well...

Today I went to a BBQ. It was a BBQ for my PTA English class. It included all the members of my PTA English class, and the foreign exchange students. I ate a lot of food. Then we went to go play on these damn giant slides in the park. It was damn fun times. I felt like a kid again! We also played a bit of football"soccer". Then we played this game that I will call "blindfold a dude, give the dude a stick and hit the watermelon on the floor game". There is a specific name in Japanese but I don't know it. Plus, I think my names are a lot more amusing. BBQ in Japan is a lot different from in Texas. The meat is kinda weird and rubbery, and they like to put cabbage on the grill. I never did figure that one out yet though. I sure miss Texas BBQ with lean steaks and ranch style beans on the side, with a bit of potatoe salad and some Sam Adams beer. Oh home sweet home... haha Anyway, I added some pics from the days activities. Enjoy you all! Take care...

peace

vince

p.s. I'm listening to the new album from a great band called Augustana. The album is called "Can't love, Can't Hurt". If you enjoy good music then please pick it up. Or if you are a top 40 person, keep listening to that and don't bother with good music. No offense.. haha :)

here a video from them



here is a video of one of the big ass slides at the park.





grillin' it up yo!


yeah that's a bit hot


penalty kicks


kike and i going all superman style


yeah that slide was freaking huge


yeah we are sooo cool!


kickin' it old school


playing that "game" i mentioned earlier


yep, that's a watermelon alright


the bbq crew yo!

4 comments:

  1. i think i've heard things from augustana. i like them. sorry you got harassed. it's only cuz you're so giant compared to the petite japanese popos, even though it was piss off the foreigners day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some crazy looking slides!! lol I am glad you are having fun cousin!
    Love,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vincent,
    Sitting here enjoying your blog. Hadn't kept up w/it lately cuz i've been preoccupied with Nathan. He's beautiful!! Have a great day/night. We miss you lots.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine in Hokkaido said a plain-clothes police officer busted into her apartment and harassed her because they were doing a major "terrorist inspection" in the area, and 5"4' blonde-haired blue-eyed girls are the most dangerous.

    It freaked her out to say the least.

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!