Thursday, August 9, 2007

It's all good

So I finally got my money exchanged yesterday, I went to a large bank called Sumitomo in Nanba and it was so easy and fast. I guess the machine the other bank used was crap as I suspected. Today my mission was to find a way to send money home all by myself. I went to my local small branch and used horrendous Japanese to tell them what I wanted to do. Since they are such a small branch they don't do that so they directed me in some really broken English and Japanese to the main branch in Tennoji, which is about 5 stops on the train away. So I went to Tennoji, I was very happy because there is a huge mall outside of Tennoji station called The Hoop. It is really cool and there is even a Louis Vuitton store on the bottom! Anyway I finally found the bank after walking around for about 30 mins, it took a while to do but I finally sent money home without even knowing much Japanese. It was fun and my treat was to go to the Hoop to walk around. So now I'm at home hanging out, in a few hours I will head a couple blocks down the road and have a few drinks at the izakaya with some other foriegner friends of mine. Well I just wanted everyone to know everything is good, this place is quite crazy but things are possible if you try hard haha. :) talk to you soon, thanks for the comments everybody miss you all

8 comments:

  1. これを読むことができるか。
    オハイオ州の人

    Hey man, I see you still have internet access (lol). I'm glad that the money thing is alright. Hope you can figure the out the Japanese I tried to translate.

    Marcel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the money thing is ok and you did it all by yourself thats awesome...so proud of you hahaha.
    Hey let me know what you might want for you b-day,anything you miss from here i'll send to you
    well gotta go,love you lots
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you got that taken care of!!! I miss you!!! Can you see the Japanese mar put? It doesn't come out on my laptop. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hows Japan been treating you, it sounds like it takes some getting use to. I wish I could of seen u riding the granny bike, that would of been hilarious. Well just keep what your doing it seems like your hanging in there.

    Marco R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAVE YOU HAD TO DESTROY PEOPLE WITH KARATE SKILLS YET????

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vincent,
    just saw a DQ commercial and remembered how you serenated Neil and I.
    DQ, that's what I like about TEXAS! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What up?! It seems "you are good to go" haha. Haven't read your blog for a while but now I'm back home. How's the japanese beer? Is it anything like the SamAms Summer Ale? Talk to you later. /Kris

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!