Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sorry for the wait

It's been a few days since my last update. I have been wanting to right but lately I've been just too bloody tired to do it at night. The language academy went really well, I learned a bit although many of the things I learned I already forgot. It was really good though I'm just really dumb about that kinda stuff. Anyway, so on Wednesday afternoon I got a text message from my supervisor that said...."tomorrow at the teachers meeting you have to introduce yourself.... in Japanese" So I found out less that 15 hours before I had to give a speech in a foreign language to my fellow co workers. I was really nervous, so after I got home from the language camp I stopped my favorite local bar called Koko. My friend Fumiko works there and she is super nice. I went to ask her how to write my introduction. I had wrote most of it and she wrote the hard parts. I gave the speech the next morning and was getting compliments on how good my Japanese accent is. I guess I can speak well but I don't know enough to have a conversation.

Thursday night my brit friend Tom and Jon asked me to go play some football with them... they said "lets get a bit of footy on yeh?" I was excited, so after work I went to the train station and met the guys at Tennoji Station. Needless to say that everyone was British or Irish and so on. I was a bit intimidated because I was playing with some good guys. I was able to pull a few good moves and my fitness level is still pretty high so I wasn't dying like the others as much. It was really fun right when we finished it started to rain so hard. I went back home and was really tired. Friday was great because it was my first class. I wasn't really nervous at all because I had some experience. It is very difficult to slow down my speech and pronunciate every word perfectly. You see Americans speak very fast and often slur words together so I have to work on that. Over all the day was great and I had enjoyed it very much. I found some things really weird like the tiny skirts on the girl students, whoever created the uniforms are a bit crazy I think. I had about 3 students come into the teachers room and talk to me for a few minutes it was really nice. One guy just came back from the US because he was doing Exchange Student in Indiana. He told me,"I'm so happy to talk to you because if you were not here I would lose my English ability" I told him if he ever wants to chat just come by the office and we can chat. He was really happy about it. So basically I have to create an entire curriculum for the next 12 weeks and I have freedom to do pretty much anything so I will be racking my mind for ideas soon.

Friday night I went to eat with my friends fumiko and her friend. Afterwards I met my foreigner friends in Namba. Ok this is way long but just wanted to say thanks to everybody who reads this even if I don't know you just leave a comment. take care

Thank you to my family for sending that bad ass care package filled with goodies from home.. Damn I miss tostadas, being in Japan makes you really appreciate where you come from, and I am happy to say I am Mexican American, it's who I am! see you :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Vince,
    great job on the introduction!! That's my cousin, for ya!!!

    I finally got a webcam with a microphone, but the problem is i need some microsoft thing to get it to work. :(

    so until i get it working, i miss you and love you very much!! Take care Vinny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job vince! im really happy for you! you'll definitely rock that damn japanese! hehe. lots of people have been asking about you lately, i tell them you're doing awesome, everyone sends their love and good wishes! i miss our crazy nights at cinci. take care vince!
    -ivette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL a bit o' footy!!! Glad to see you are alright man. Can't wait for the next bloggy!!! Peace and love man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA you reminded me of the cheech and chong movie when cheech sings his Mexican Americans song... here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K-_2AHYh0

    A taste of the stereotypical raza! funny stuff!

    manny

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!