Sunday, August 5, 2007

My New Home


So I just got back to my apartment right now. I was near Osaka bay with about 300,000 Osaka residents watching the annual summer fireworks show. It was so amazing. It took me about 1 hour to reach the area that is right next to Kobe Japan. I have never seen so many girls in Kimonos. There was traditional Japanese fair food stands EVERYWHERE!!!! I met a bunch of other JET people at the station right in front of the bay. We set up camp and just hung around until the show started. It finished about 9pm and we didn't leave the area until about 11 pm because of all the people. The others went to a night club but I came home because I would have missed my last train home. Of course I could have pulled in infamous all night party thing but I wasn't feeling too keen on that. Overall I had a great day and I was also able to talk to my family. So if you are on MSN messenger let me know cuz we can talk live for free. Here are some pics of the last couple of days be back soon !!!!!!!!!!! I miss home but I have to realize this is my new home for the mean time... it's going to take some getting used to but I think I can manage. Oh yeah and if anyone is coming then let me know when!!!! See you !!! :)

4 comments:

  1. OOH I am so jealous! the fireworks and o-matsuri are MAJOR! it's my fav time of year in nihon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know you are doing great!!! I want to see girls in kimono too.Put me on your visitor list~I will be there~

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY MAN!!! So you are having a hard time findin a Mickey D's in your neighborhood over there eh?? I hope all is well. -much love N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! lol It was so great catching up with you the other night, er, it was the afternoon for you!!! Let me know what it is you miss most from home, and I will send you a package with my next paycheck!!! We are going to get a web cam with a mic. so we can talk that way to the #1 Miner Maniac! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!