Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The ground is shaking!

Whoa man! Today was really really interesting! So I went to school this morning in the Osaka drizzle. It was nice because coming from the desert rain is lovely I must say. Today the students were going to see this bizarre traditional comedy in Fujidera. That's about 3 stops away from me. I went to school to hitch a ride with one of the teachers. We arrived and were sitting down ready for the show. All of a sudden I felt a small rumbling. I thought it was part of the show, but then it became stronger and stronger. Yeah, it was a freaking earthquake. Oh man, I've never felt that before and it was absolutely insane. It was about 10 seconds but wow it felt like ages. Everything was shaking and all the students were laughing, yes laughing. For me it was crazy but for them it was just another day in Japan. I guess this happens a lot, just small tremors or whatever. Nothing dangerous happened it was just mind blowing. You have a feeling of helplessness, because there is absolutely nothing you can do. I was sitting next to my Canadian exchange student and she was tripped out as much as me. Don't worry, it was fine and it was no problem at all. I just needed to tell you that I have had my first small earthquake experience.

So, on to the rest of the day. I was able to understand bits and pieces of the comedy so it was funny. There was a magic show afterwards with a pseudo looking Japanese David Copperfield guy. I must say it was pretty cool what he was doing. He pulled a student to help him with a trick. Of course he pulled the student with the shortest skirt available. Which I'm sure was quite unflattering for the timid student. You know, I think that the colder it gets, the shorter the skirts become or something. I don't understand! (^_^)

After the show I went to go eat some ramen with a couple of my students. It was great! They said that the ramen was so spicy and hot. I ate it and was quite unimpressed with the spice. The ramen was absolutely delicious but the spice was not very small. I guess eating Jalapenos and pizza with my Dad helped me train! Thanks DAD! :)

All in all, the day was great. I came home early and played a bit of Halo 3 online. It was fun, and now I'm getting ready to go to sleep. Hey EP people, the time difference from Osaka and El Paso is now +16 hours. This is due to the fact that Japan doesn't do the whole daylight savings and all that jazz. So just letting you know.

Ok well this is enough for today, I will be back soon with some news and updates! Comment if you wish. Thanks to the people who have commented lately, like vero and lynn. See you soon!

peace

vince

6 comments:

  1. OMG! A small earthquake... that's still scary even if it was minor! Wow, what an experience! I am glad it was minute, and you and everyone are okay. Your students are champs for laughing it off!! lol It was great seeing you on xbox live, I am glad that you and Mar finally got to play!! Have a great week, talk to you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey man, that freaking insane. well im glad u are ok, hey i will get my 5 mb internet tomorrow, so i can play halo with you again without any interruptions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stop by to say Hi! so you know I am still one of your blog fan.Yeah~I remember when I was in Taiwan, small earthquake was just a piece of cake to me.It happens once in a while...still need to be caution to the falling object though~
    Cheers!good day!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stop by to say Hi! so you know I am still one of your blog fan.Yeah~I remember when I was in Taiwan, small earthquake was just a piece of cake to me.It happens once in a while...still need to be caution to the falling object though~
    Cheers!good day!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I have no idea what I would do or how I would react, big or small, the ground shaking doesnt seem all that right with me. Lynn is right at least there was laughter, for me it makes things a little bit better. Hope you have a good week and I will check in again. Take care. We love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! A damn earthquake. That's crazy man. Good to hear that you are ok. Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!