Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I miss the heavens!

For those of you who know me, know that I have a special love for star gazing. Last night I was chilling on my balcony looking up at the clear night sky and I realized. I cannot even see one star in the great Osaka sky. Sure I understand that I live in a gigantic city with so much light pollution, but a city with no stars in the sky seems like a city with no soul. That may sound crazy, I know. Sometimes I think that we all get too caught up in the world today to understand how insignificant we(including me) really are. Just one look at the sky you can see this as proof. What wonders lie beyond our deteriorating o-zone? How many wonderful planets like Earth are there just hanging out? Who lives on those "other" Earths? It blows my mind to think about it. Sure I'm no scientist or physicist but does it mean I cannot wonder? I wish more people would become educated about the universe, I think that would be a way to stop all our meaningless quarries with each other. If you follow soccer and soccer news in the world know about the tragedy in Italy this past weekend. Riots erupted across Italy on Sunday as fans attacked police stations after a policeman fatally shot a Lazio (soccer team) fan at a highway rest stop where Lazio fans were fighting with rival fans of the football club Juventus. I just don't understand what goes through these people minds that they have to cause more violence to react to violence. This is a great example of our quarries that are completely meaningless. This is just one example, and there are so many more to name but I digress. I only wish that someday we can put all the effort that we do into fighting each other and use that energy to find something bigger than ourselves i.e. the great unknown...space. Anyway that's enough of my blabbing on this post. I just wanted to let you know what I'm thinking. Take care everybody and thanks again for reading my blog! You're the best! take care y'all!

p.s. download this photo of the Hubble Ultra Deep Space Field... zoom in on it and look at how many galaxies and stars are in that picture... just imagine what is out there... mind blowing stuff.. c-ya


2 comments:

  1. That was a great reflecton man. The shooting in Italy really was pointless. Anyway, hope you have better weather than Sweden. Started to snow the other day :=( Not as much as when you were in Sweden though :=) Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get the no stars thing. there are a ton of trees here. i cant wait to head to ep and see the stars on scenic drive.. wish you were gonna be home this holiday!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!