Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Computer Love

This week my buddy Tom and I went to the oh so famous DenDen town in Namba. If I translated this to Japanese, it basically means Electric Town. Unlike the monstrosity that is Akihabara in Tokyo, DenDen town is like a poor mans Akihabara. But I digress, the whole point of the trip was to find a new hard drive for my notebook. After strolling through a few "geek filled" shops. We landed on this beauty of a shop called Takumoto (or something like that). I found myself a nice 160 gb hard drive for my notebook. I was set back a bit of cash but I was able to fix my computer. Well obviously since I am writing in my blog right now. Afterwards, we went walking around Namba in search of something very delicious to eat. In Osaka, there are so many restaurants that it becomes difficult to find somewhere to eat. Simply because there are too many choices. We made a random swift turn onto a street and looked up and saw a restaurant called "HUB". This discovery made us slightly sad. You see, when we went to Tokyo we went to this really cool English Style pub. We thought it was really cool that we found a cool original place in Tokyo by ourselves. This "pub" was called "HUB". So basically we found out that it is like a Applebee's back in the states...sad times...

Anyway, this week has been quite rainy and cold. I've been hard at work downloading all sorts of music to build up my library again. Losing 6,000 songs really sucks by the way.

I have a holiday from March 15 to April 7. It looks like I will be heading back to El Paso if I can afford the ticket. So I'll let you all know whats going on in a few weeks. Well I will be back soon with some new pics hopefully and more stories.

peace

vince

p.s. Nobody is giving the Giants a chance, but that is good. They will surprise everybody.

p.s. Mr.driller is not dig dug!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Vince!!! Just in time for the wedding! I am so elated at just the mere thought that you may be able to visit!!! Mar and i will be arriving on the 21st (hopefully) if not on the 22nd. I am so excited!! I am glad you got your hard drive, it is still frustrating, having to rebuild everything. I still have not even started to recreate my library of songs from my little crash... talk to you soon! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Vince~look like you've been though a lot these days! I've booked my flight! I am going to arrive Narita airport on 3/7 and leave japan to Taiwan on 3/11. It's on the weekend hopefully you will have time to meet me :)You better! haha~talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey v
    i've emailed you to you trancewave and what is your skype?

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!