Sunday, September 9, 2007

Back from Footy and Dinner!











So today was absolutely smashing! Well everything except the fact that UTEP lost even though they were so dominant in the first half... anyway... I left the apartment at about 10:15am. I had to go to Kyobashi station to meet up the guys. Once there, we went to the soccer field. It was very far, about 1 hour away from my house. It was in the mountains and it was surrounded by green. It was really nice. There were 4 teams. The Osaka JET team, the one that I'm on. Then there was REAL Osaka, Jimmys/Murphys, and a Japanese team. We played a tournament. We played two 15 minute halfs, and it was great. I was really dead in the first game because I really didn't warm up. We had a draw on that game. We destroyed the Japanese team and then we lost to REAL Osaka because of silly penalty kick and lucky passes. All in all we played really good. I don't think I played very well, but I am still learning a lot. We started at about 12 and finished about 4:15PM. Afterwards we all took a taxi back to the station and parted ways. I had a great time, and the guys are really nice. Always helpful and supportive while playing. I was able to practice on my strikes and I was happy after everything. When I got home I had a shower and met up with my friend Fumiko. We went to this "Italian" place called Pomodoro in a mall with a ridiculous Sonic the Hedgehog type name.... "Diamond City". It was pretty good and then we went to the book store. I finally bought a Japanese study book. Damn I was happy to get that!! Then I helped Fumiko buy a English study book. Then we parted ways. I made record time coming home on my bike. I destroyed my past time of 15 mins and made it back in about 6 mins. Thanks to running red lights and various illegal bike maneuvers hahah. Basically today rocked and it made up for the crap day I had on Friday. I'm going to wake up at 4am because I want to watch USA vs. Brazil in soccer. I have to do this a lot now because all the games live are at such a strange time here. It's all good though. I'm looking forward to the week coming. I really don't know why I am but I am hahah. Well I posted some photos of us playing footy and our Pink Jerseys. haahah good times... Take care and leave some comments if you wish. See you :)

3 comments:

  1. You'll play for Pool soon dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pink jerseys...CUTE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kris i got a call from Pool today!! they want me on the squad LOL just kidding. hope ur doing good in Stockholm buddy.!!

    val, don't you just love those cute jerseys?? haha hey you coming to asia this winter?

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!