Saturday, October 27, 2007

Impressed!

Time for tons of pics and videoS!!!! Wow today was such a fun day! I think today was probably the best day I have had in Japan, besides that day I went rafting. Today was the first day of the Matsubara High School Bunkasai (school festival)! It was raining today so I was kinda sad for the students, but they sure weren't sad because they were so positive.

The morning started off with the teacher (including me) singing a Japanese song to all the students! It was so fun, and I didn't know the song that well but they really appreciated the effort. There was 3 places where events were happening, the center garden outside, the basketball arena stage, and a few classrooms for exhibitions. I ran to the gym to check out my students dance routine. It was a blast, I got some of it on video. I didn't even recognize them in regular clothes. I went along to all my students shows and events. The drama plays were just awesome. There was, Notre Dame, Saiyuki, Princess Mononoke, Sister Act, and Wicked. The students just worked their asses off for this and I was so happy to see it. In the garden area there was food too, wow it was good stuff.

All in all today was amazing, I am so happy that I was able to experience this. The good thing is that there is the second day tomorrow!!! :) (sunday) There is not a festival like this in the USA, so this was very interesting. People from the community came too so it was open to the public. Well I hope you like the pics and videos. I will take more tomorrow!! see you!

vince


















2 comments:

  1. hey beans, that is feaking cool. wow it is few and far between to find a community that ACTUALLY gets together and can put up such a good program, not like the old orchestra concerts that were in the gym next to the band , :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I Love Them! You make sure to tell your students they are very talented and show great pride in their work. Jobs well done. Congrats to them!!!

    ReplyDelete

leave a comment, and please leave your name. if you don't i have no idea who you are!